Friday, September 28, 2007

Droid factory in full swing!

So since I have NO room in my new apartment, I have moved the droid factor to my break room at work (with the bosses permission). It has more then enough room without getting in the way. Plus I can do work on him at lunch. Bonus!

Start dry fitting the legs last night. Here is the left leg. After looking online last night, I noticed that the six small holes in the ankle are now different in the new I need to find a way to make the changes.

And here are all three legs. Now that I know how they go together, I can start to clean and glue all the pieces. Once that is done it is on to sanding and priming.

Did a quick skin line up to make sure everything is matching up. If that doesn't make you excited...I don't know what will.

Now that I have a good idea on how everything goes together, I need to start pre-drilling the frame. If I can get the frame glued and screwed before the dome shows up, I will be in pretty good shape.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Wow, that's a lot of parts!

With the move, work and any other excuse I can give...progress on R2 has been slow at best. I received all my A&A parts! Very exciting. And it looks like my dome will be arriving shortly.

Here is the A&A body frame as it stands now. No glue or screws yet, all just dry fit. My hat is off to the A&A guys for a great design!

Here are the A&A leg pieces. I plan on cleaning and starting to build those today at lunch.

Here are the shoulder pieces.

Here are the sheets for the skin. Two layers for both the front and the back. Still a ways off before I start touching those guys.

And some more pieces. So many it is hard to keep track of them all.